We understand it can be inconvenient and stressful for some people to access specialist surgical expertise and care. It is possible for you to have straightforward surgery, just by making a single trip to London.
- Get your Hip Score or Knee Score (takes only 2 minutes) to help you decide if you need to see a surgeon.
- We can review your x-rays before coming to an appointment in London: If you are unsure if you need an appointment, simply contact us and send your hip or knee x-rays to us for initial review. If needed, we can coordinate a phone call with Charles, to help you make early decisions.
- We handle many things over the phone: Many issues we need to discuss with you can be done by phone, including the Mater Pre-Admission clinic interview.
- Use facilities in your hometown for pre-operative tests and x-rays: If facilities are available to you, tests and imaging can be done in your hometown and results sent to us.
- Very often, your first consultation with Charles, admission and surgery can be done in 2 days: If you require straightforward primary hip or knee replacement and are in reasonably good health, we can see you for your first major visit on Monday and admit you for surgery the following day. If your surgery and health issues are more complex, we work with you to make arrangements which suit you best.
- Helping you find accommodation close by. There are several accommodation options available around the London International Medical Centre which may be suitable for your family members who want to be in London with you. We don’t make bookings for you.
- Remember, we are available over the phone at any time: Many of your medical issues and questions you have can be dealt with over the phone. We encourage you to pick up the phone as often as you need to.
- Postoperative rehabilitation: The average length of stay in the Lister hospital following a joint replacement is 1 to 5 days. You may go home after your surgery or opt for a rehabilitation facility.
- We can coordinate all the follow-up appointments over the phone. It is important for Charles to see your postoperative x-rays 6 weeks after surgery.
Please contact us and we will be more than happy to coordinate your pre-operative and post-operative care to minimise your travel to London.